Microblading Treatment – What to expect:
1. Consultation and Eyebrow Analysis
- You arrive and fill out client forms. We apply numbing creme if you wish (optional).
- You meet with your technician and discuss your preferences and goals.
- Before pictures are taken and your facial structure, eyebrow hair pattern, hair and skin tone are analyzed.
- Detailed measurements are taken and a proposed shape is drawn on.
- The integrity of your natural features is respected – A unique feature of the Hedman Method is that we try to stay as close to your natural shape as possible while making careful enhancements that make a big difference.
- You review the template design and any adjustments are made – We never start the actual treatment until you are completely satisfied with the design and customized color.
- Another before picture with the approved template design is taken.
- A topical anesthetic is reapplied to keep you numb throughout the treatment.
- Using top of the line specialized tools and pigments, your microblading or permanent makeup is customized specifically for your face, hair and skin tone.
- The disposable microblading tool is opened in front of you. It is used to carefully insert pigment into the top layers of the skin.
- The complete procedure from your arrival takes approximately 1-1.5 hours, but may take longer if you are sensitive or have little eyebrow hair.
- The area initially looks darker than what it will be after healing but most clients feel completely comfortable going out in public/back to work right away (lip treatments cause more swelling).
- After pictures are taken, you are provided with aftercare instructions.
- A follow up appointment is recommended in 4-6 weeks.
3. Follow Up
- A follow up appointment is recommended within 4-6 weeks of the initial treatment.
- During the healing process, some areas may retain pigment better than others – this is completely normal.
- Occasionally clients want the color darkened or the shape adjusted slightly after the initial treatment has healed. This will be addressed at the follow up appointment.
- The treated area is thoroughly examined and we discuss any adjustments to be made.
- The touch up is performed and photos are taken.
- This appointment usually runs 45-60 minutes.
Hygiene and Safety
- ONLY new, individually packed and sterilized disposable needles and microblading pens are used.
- We observe the strictest standards of cleanliness and adhere to OSHA regulations.
- Certified in Blood-borne Pathogens and Infection Control.
- Properly state licensed Certified Permanent Cosmetic Professionals (CPCP).
- Use EPA registered, hospital level tuberculocidal disinfectants.
- Use proper personal protective equipment.
- As members, we uphold the ethic code of the Society of Permanent Cosmetic Professionals (SPCP).
- Only use pigments specifically formulated for permanent makeup in accordance with the FDA’s Food and Cosmetic list of approved ingredients.
- Most clients feel that the pain is tolerable, and most clients report it to be a low 2 on a scale of 1-10, 10 being the highest (significantly less than conventional tattoos).
- Some clients describe the feeling to resemble tweezing.
- A topical anesthetic is used and reapplied as needed.
- The pigments are inserted with the thinnest needles and microblades in the market in the superficial dermal layer of the skin.
- It is common to be more sensitive during your menstrual cycle.
- Color and hair stroke refreshment maintenance is recommended every 6-15 months depending on skin type, life style and preference.
- The durability varies from person to person depending on a variety of factors: skin type, skin care regimen, sun exposure, and lifestyle. We recommend coming in at least once a year for an annual touch up.
- The pigmentation gradually fades over time, with hair strokes appearing more shaded/powdered and blurred. Tiny pigment particles may remain in the skin.
- Hair strokes may slightly change color as it fades; therefore, we recommend color boost every 6-12 months.
- Results vary and you may still need to use a pencil or powder makeup.
- The permanent makeup will appear approximately 30-50% darker before healed.
- In the week following the procedure the color intensifies as the area heals – this will NOT last.
- Once the skin has healed, in approximately two weeks, the color stabilizes, much lighter than initial color. If you want to go darker we can do so at your follow up appointment – it is preferable to go gradually darker.
- Healing varies from person to person, but the visible healing period is about 10-14 days. You should wait 4 weeks until you return for the touch up.
- Most clients feel comfortable going out in public following the procedure (except for lip enhancements which can produce more notable swelling).
- However, avoid scheduling your appointment close to a big event (wedding etc.), or vacation when you will be exposed to a lot of sun and heat.
- No sun burn.
- Avoid retinol, acids and other strong chemicals in the area to be treated two weeks before.
- No coffee, caffeine, alcohol, painkillers containing aspirin on the day of your appointment.
- Reapply the provided ointment every three hours while awake for the first week. Avoid wetting area and gently dab dry with a tissue if it unintentionally gets wet.
- DO NOT remove any crust or scab formed. Removing crust/scab has a VERY high probability of removing pigmentation.
- No intentional facial tanning, swimming under water, sauna, steaming, facials or abrasive treatments for the month following treatment.
- No use of products containing retinols or acids close to treated area – these will affect the durability of the treatment.
- Avoid coloring or belaching eyebrow hair for a month after any treatment.
- We use only top of the line pigments formulated in accordance with the FDA’s Food and Cosmetic approved ingredients
- Our pigments are specifically manufactured for permanent makeup (not tattoo pigments)
- Gamma sterilized
Generally, any healthy adult (not pregnant or nursing) can benefit from microblading and permanent makeup. Before conducting any procedure we evaluate each prospective client for a successful treatment. We reserve the right to deny treatment if you are deemed to not be a good candidate for microblading or permanent makeup.
Please contact us prior to booking an appointment if you currently suffer from a major illness that may affect your immune system and impede healing, including any of the following conditions, which may require your doctor’s approval before treatment:
- Medications or disorders affecting the immune system
- Medications or disorders affecting blood thickness and coagulation
- Hormone Imbalance
- Organ transplants
- Glaucoma (if having eyelash enhancement)
Please postpone treatment if you have any of the following conditions:
- Rash, active acne, eczema or dermatitis in the area to be treated
- Active herpes or eye related conditions such as conjunctivitis, blepharitis, sty, etc.
If you have previous permanent makeup on the area to be treated we need to assess the area prior to treatment. Please contact us for a consultation.
Cancellations and Rescheduling:
Any appointment deposits collected are refundable for the first 24 hours as long as appointment is made at least 5 days prior to the appointment time. After that the deposit is non-refundable. If you reschedule your appointment at least 72 business hours before your appointment you may transfer your deposit to your new appointment.
Due to the nature of our services it is very difficult to fill an appointment on short notice. Therefore, if you cancel or reschedule LESS THAN 72 HOURS hours prior to your scheduled appointment time we will charge you a $100 late cancellation fee. This fee will be deducted from any deposit collected, or if no deposit was collected it will be charged to your credit card on file or billed through invoicing.
No Shows/Missed Appointments:
No shows/missed appointments will be charged 25% of the scheduled appointment fee to your credit card on file. If no credit card is on file we will send you an invoice.
Everyone’s time is valuable and to stay on schedule we may need to reschedule your appointment if you arrive more than 15 minutes late. In this case your deposit may be forfeited. To give you excellent service we reserve a large block of time for your treatment. We therefore ask you to please be on time and to notify us as early as possible if you are running late or cannot make it to your appointment.