Microblading Treatment – What to expect:
1. Consultation and Eyebrow Analysis
- You arrive and fill out client forms. We apply numbing creme if you wish (optional).
- You meet with your technician and discuss your preferences and goals.
- Before pictures are taken and your facial structure, eyebrow hair pattern, hair and skin tone are analyzed.
- Detailed measurements are taken and a proposed shape is drawn on.
- The integrity of your natural features is respected – A unique feature of the Hedman Method is that we try to stay as close to your natural shape as possible while making careful enhancements that make a big difference.
- You review the template design and any adjustments are made – We never start the actual treatment until you are completely satisfied with the design and customized color.
- Another before picture with the approved template design is taken.
- A topical anesthetic is reapplied to keep you numb throughout the treatment.
- Using top of the line specialized tools and pigments, your microblading or permanent makeup is customized specifically for your face, hair and skin tone.
- The disposable microblading tool is opened in front of you. It is used to carefully insert pigment into the top layers of the skin.
- The complete procedure from your arrival takes approximately 1-1.5 hours, but may take longer if you are sensitive or have little eyebrow hair.
- The area initially looks darker than what it will be after healing but most clients feel completely comfortable going out in public/back to work right away (lip treatments cause more swelling).
- After pictures are taken, you are provided with aftercare instructions.
- A follow up appointment is recommended in 4-6 weeks.
3. Follow Up
- A follow up appointment is recommended within 4-6 weeks of the initial treatment.
- During the healing process, some areas may retain pigment better than others – this is completely normal.
- Occasionally clients want the color darkened or the shape adjusted slightly after the initial treatment has healed. This will be addressed at the follow up appointment.
- The treated area is thoroughly examined and we discuss any adjustments to be made.
- The touch up is performed and photos are taken.
- This appointment usually runs 45-60 minutes.
Hygiene and Safety
- ONLY new, individually packed and sterilized disposable needles and microblading pens are used.
- We observe the strictest standards of cleanliness and adhere to OSHA regulations.
- Certified in Blood-borne Pathogens and Infection Control.
- Properly state licensed Certified Permanent Cosmetic Professionals (CPCP).
- Use EPA registered, hospital level tuberculocidal disinfectants.
- Use proper personal protective equipment.
- As members, we uphold the ethic code of the Society of Permanent Cosmetic Professionals (SPCP).
- Only use pigments specifically formulated for permanent makeup in accordance with the FDA’s Food and Cosmetic list of approved ingredients.
- Most clients feel that the pain is tolerable, and most clients report it to be a low 2 on a scale of 1-10, 10 being the highest (significantly less than conventional tattoos).
- Some clients describe the feeling to resemble tweezing.
- A topical anesthetic is used and reapplied as needed.
- The pigments are inserted with the thinnest needles and microblades in the market in the superficial dermal layer of the skin.
- It is common to be more sensitive during your menstrual cycle.
- Color and hair stroke refreshment maintenance is recommended every 6-15 months depending on skin type, life style and preference.
- The durability varies from person to person depending on a variety of factors: skin type, skin care regimen, sun exposure, and lifestyle.
- The pigmentation gradually fades over time, with hair strokes appearing more shaded/powdered and blurred. Tiny pigment particles may remain in the skin.
- Hair strokes may slightly change color as it fades, therefore we recommend coming in at least once a year for an annual touch up.
- Depending on your skin type and lifestyle you may feel a touch up is needed sooner. There is special pricing for touch ups sooner than a year and the touch up prices increase gradually with time.
- Results vary and you may still need to use a pencil or powder makeup.
- The permanent makeup will appear approximately 30-50% darker before healed.
- In the week following the procedure the color intensifies as the area heals – this will NOT last.
- Once the skin has healed, in approximately two weeks, the color stabilizes, lighter than initial color. If you want to go darker we can do so at your follow up appointment – it is preferable to go gradually darker.
- Sometimes some color reappear a few weeks after the treatment, especially in darker skins.
- Healing varies from person to person, but the visible healing period is about 7-10 days. You should wait 4 weeks until you return for the touch up.
- Most clients feel comfortable going out in public immediately following treatment (lip shading enhancements can produce more notable swelling).
- However, avoid scheduling your appointment close to a big event (wedding etc.), or vacation when you will be exposed to a lot of sun and heat.
Day of Treatment:
- Avoid drinks containing coffee, caffeine and alcohol as well as pain killers containing aspirin on the day of your treatment, prior to coming in.
- Please arrive promptly at your scheduled appointment time. The first part of the appointment is reserved for filling out paperwork while waiting for the numbing cream to take effect.
- No sun burn.
- Avoid having Botox in the area to be treated less than 2 weeks prior to your appointment.
- The skin should be in good condition at the time of treatment. Avoid treatments causing the skin in the area to be sensitive, such as chemical peels etc.
- Apply a small amout of the provided ointment every three hours while awake for the first week. Avoid wetting area and gently dab dry with a tissue if it unintentionally gets wet.
- DO NOT remove any crust or scab formed. Removing crust/scab has a VERY high probability of removing pigmentation.
- Avoid heavy sweating for the first 7 days after your treatment (light exercise is ok).
- Avoid intentional facial tanning, swimming under water, sauna, steaming, facials or abrasive treatments for 2 weeks following treatment.
- Avoid products containing retinols or acids on the treated area – these will affect the durability of the treatment.
- Avoid coloring or bleaching eyebrow hair for a month after any treatment.
- We use only top of the line pigments formulated in accordance with the FDA’s Food and Cosmetic approved ingredients
- Our pigments are specifically manufactured for permanent makeup (not tattoo pigments)
- Gamma sterilized
Generally, any healthy adult (not pregnant or nursing) can benefit from microblading and permanent makeup. Before conducting any procedure we evaluate each prospective client for a successful treatment. We reserve the right to deny treatment if you are deemed to not be a good candidate for microblading or permanent makeup.
Please contact us prior to booking an appointment if you currently suffer from a major illness that may affect your immune system and impede healing, including any of the following conditions, which may require your doctor’s approval before treatment:
- Medications or disorders affecting the immune system
- Medications or disorders affecting blood thickness and coagulation
- Organ transplants
- Glaucoma (if having eyelash enhancement)
- Any bloodborne disease
Please postpone treatment if you have any of the following conditions:
- Rash, active acne, eczema or dermatitis in the area to be treated
- Active herpes or eye related conditions such as conjunctivitis, blepharitis, sty, etc.
If you have previous permanent makeup on the area to be treated we need to assess the area prior to treatment. Please contact us for a consultation.
YOU MUST CONTACT US PRIOR TO BOOKING AN APPOINTMENT IF YOU HAVE EVER HAD PREVIOUS MICROBLADING/PERMANENT MAKEUP/TATTOOING TO THE AREA.
When you book your appointment, we reserve a large block of time for you. You may cancel your appointment up to 24 hours after booking without any charge, as long as the appointment is made at least 5 days prior. Cancellations after 24 hours (or appointments made less than 5 days prior) will incur a $100 cancellation charge deducted from your deposit or charged to your credit card on file.
Everyone’s time is valuable and to stay on schedule we may need to reschedule your appointment if you arrive MORE THAN 15 MINUTES LATE. In this case you may be charged the $100 cancellation fee, deducted from your deposit or credit card on file. To give you excellent service we reserve a large block of time for your treatment. We therefore ask you to please be on time and to notify us as early as possible if you are running late or cannot make it to your appointment.
Due to the nature of our services it is very difficult to fill an appointment on short notice. You may reschedule your appointment without a cancellation charge up until 72 business hours prior to your scheduled appointment. Appointments rescheduled less than 72 business hours in advance will incur a $100 rescheduling charge deducted from your deposit or charged to your credit card on file. You will need to pay a new deposit to reserve the new appointment.
Same Day Cancellations/No Shows/Missed Appointments:
No shows/missed appointments and same day cancellations will be charged 25% of the scheduled appointment fee. This will be debited from your deposit and/or charged to your credit card on file. If no credit card is on file we will send you an invoice.